JOSEPH SARWUAN TARKA UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI (JOSTUM)
(FORMERLY FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI)
ADVERTISEMENT FOR ADMISSION INTO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR 2021/2022 ACADEMIC SESSION
Applications are invited for Admission into the Postgraduate Programmes of JOSTUM for the 2021/2022 academic session. Admissions are now opened for candidates to apply all year round and resume studies at the next available semester. Candidates are however to indicate properly the semester they would resume studies.
The following programmes are available in the various Colleges/Departments of the University.
- College of Agricultural & Science Education: PGDE, M.Ed, MLIS and Ph.D in Agricultural Education, English Education, Educational Administration & Planning, Guidance & Counseling, Library & Information Science, Measurement & Evaluation, Science Education, Integrated Science Education and Mathematics Education in the Departments of Educational Foundation and General Studies (EFOGENS), Agricultural Education, Science Education and Mathematics Education.
- College of Agricultural Economics & Extension: PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D in the Departments of Agricultural Economics and Agricultural Extension & Communication.
- College of Agronomy: PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in the Departments of Crop Production, Crop & Environmental Protection, Soil Science and Plant Breeding & Seed Science
- College of Animal Science: PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D in the Departments of Animal Production, Animal Breeding & Physiology, and Animal Nutrition.
- College of Biological Sciences: PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D in the Departments of Botany, Biochemistry, Zoology and Microbiology.
- College of Engineering: PGD, M.Eng and Ph.D in the Departments of Agricultural & Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- College of Food Technology & Human Ecology: PGD, M.Sc, and Ph.D in the Departments of Food Science & Technology and Home Science & Management.
- College of Forestry & Fisheries: PGD, M.Sc, M.For, M.Wildlife and Ph.D in Aquaculture, Forestry, Fisheries, Social & Environmental Forestry and Wide life in the Departments of Fisheries & Aquaculture, Forest Production & Products, Social & Environmental Forestry and Wildlife & Range Management.
- College of Management Sciences: PGD, M.Sc, MBA and Ph.D in Accounting, Agribusiness, Banking & Finance Public Administration and Management in the Departments of Accounting & Finance, Agribusiness and Business Administration.
- College of Physical Sciences: PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D in the Departments of Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and Physics.
- College of Veterinary Medicine: M.Sc. and Ph.D in Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Pharmacology, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Epidemiology, Veterinary Surgery and Theriogenology in the Departments of Pharmacology & Toxicology, Surgery & Diagnostic Imaging, Theriogenology, Veterinary Anatomy, Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Pathology & Microbiology, Veterinary Physiology & Biochemistry and Veterinary Public Health & Preventive Medicine.
General Admission Requirements
Candidates must possess the basic Ordinary Level requirements of 5 credits passes including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings in addition to the following:
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD/PGDE):
- Graduates of JOSTUM or any other recognized University in the relevant areas.
- Holders of HND with minimum pass at credit level or equivalent in relevant areas from recognised institutions.
Degree of Master
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant areas from JOSTUM or any other recognized University with a minimum of Second Class Honours.
- Candidates with Third Class Degree or HND in relevant areas, with appropriate Postgraduate Diplomas of JOSTUM or any other recognized Institution with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or at least Upper Credit in the PGD. In addition, holders of HND, PGD/PGDE Certificates should satisfy the basic School Certificate or GCE/entry requirement as stated above.
Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D):
Holders of Master degree of JOSTUM or other recognized Universities with a minimum CGPA or 3.50 on a 5 point scale, provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the degree may apply. Relevant prerequisites apply.
Detailed requirements for specific Programme/options are on the University ‘s website.
How to Apply
Applications are on-line. Interested candidates are to log into the University’s website, www.uam.edu.ng for details on application procedure, general/specific requirements for all programmes upon payment of a non-refundable application processing free of twenty thousand, five hundred Naira (N20,500.00) only into any commercial Bank nationwide through Remitta or Debit card (Master or Verve).
Candidates are required to print and submit two (2) copies of the completed application forms to the Secretary, Postgraduate School with relevant credentials attached by hand delivery or courier services on or before the closing date of the sale of application forms.
Candidates must arrange for their academic transcripts to be forwarded to the Secretary, Postgraduate School before Monday, 28thFebruary 2022.
Mr. S. A. Ugaseh