RESUMPTION FROM THE MID-SEMESTER BREAK
COMMUNICATION FROM SENATE
Consideration of Report of Senate Committee To investigate the students Riot of Wednesday, 15th August, 2018.
Senate at its 294th Regular meeting held on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 considered the report of its Committee to Investigate the Students Riot of Wednesday, 15th August, 2018 and noted with dismay the level of destruction on University and private property by the students during the riot.
After exhaustive deliberation on the report, Senate decided as follows:
- Each student (undergraduate and postgraduate) should pay the sum of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only to take care of the cost of replacement and repair of property damaged during the riot.
- All students MUST present evidence of payment of the Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00) and sign an undertaking at the university main Gate before returning for studies/examination.
- Additional Information: Returning Students are expected to bring a letter from the Clergy pledging good behavior. The letter must be from the Senior Pastor of the church they attend or the Imam in charge of the mosque they attend.
- All students who are yet to pay the 60% school charges as earlier conceded to them for the 2017/2018 academic session MUST pay and show evidence of payment at the Gate before they are allowed into the Campus.
- Resumption from the Mid-Semester break be staggered with effect from Friday, 2nd November, 2018 as follows:
Schedule of Resumption
|Friday 2nd November, 2018
2/11/2018 – 3/11/2018
|Clearance/Signing of Undertaking at the University Main Gate|
|Monday 5th November, 2018||Examination Commence.|
|300 level||Friday 9/11/2018 – Saturday 10/11/2018||Clearance/Signing of Undertaking at the University Main Gate.|
|Monday, 12/11/2018||Examination Commence.|
|200 level||Friday 16/11/2018 – Saturday 17/11/2018||Clearance/Signing of Undertaking at the University Main Gate|
|Monday, 19/11/2018||Examination Commence.|
|100 level||Friday 23/11/2018 – Saturday 24/11/2018||Clearance/Signing of Undertaking at the University Main Gate|
|Monday, 26/11/2018||Examination Commence|