UAM Consultancy Services
Established in 1997 as a directorate under the Vice-Chancellor’s office, UAM consultancy services (UAMCONSULT) has a mandate of harness available manpower, machines and money, as well as other resources to internally generally funds for the university through commercial ventures.
The units had ten Directors since inception.
Past and Present Income Generating Activities
The past income generating activities of note have been the following:
- The World Bank-sponsored study of Rural Travel and Transport in North-Central Nigeria in the year 2000.
- Feasibility study of the Benue Agricultural Development Company (ADC) in 2008
- The Oriya Farm soil survey in 2009.
The present income generating activities include:
1. Operation of a Meat shop: made possible with seed-money of N200.000.
- Management of three Guest Houses strategically located in Makurdi. The Lagos Guest House was closed in 2010 when the house rent raised exorbitantly. The attached financial report demonstrates the great potential of the guest houses to generate enormous revenue if the physical structures are rehabilitated.
- Management of snacks shop for the sale of soft drinks and other consumable items.
- Sale of GSM recharge cards