1. In consultation with relevant officers of the University develop a profile of the University that identifies our areas of strength and weaknesses in academic programs, research, staffing and development;
2. Handle academic staff development and training intervention project of TET Fund;
3. Facilitate the establishment of collaborative research agreements and Memoranda of Understanding in order to foster funding and increase research output;
4. Identify institutions, organizations and agencies with similar objectives with University of Agriculture Makurdi, both within and outside the country for the purpose of co-operation especially in areas such as staff development, research, staff /student exchange program etc;
5. Prepare list of friends of the University and constantly create a good rapport between the University and such individuals and bodies for mutual benefit of the University;
6. Liaise with such individuals and bodies from time to time on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor for linkage purposes;
7. Prepare a 'shopping list' of areas of co-operation and development and advise the Vice-Chancellor on appropriate intervention;
8. Engage in any co-operative activity that will lead to the realization of the goals of the University.